More flexible than folders
Connect your content in new ways
They say that After inventing the automobile, Henry Ford said the following: "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses". Be it true or not, there's no denying that old habits die hard. One of those habits is the use of folders to organize content.
Folder-based systems have been around since the early days of computers. They're easy and intuitive for the individual user - so why replace them?
While often fine for the individual user, the use of folders for teams comes with a few inherent flaws:
1. Their hierarchical nature leads to the fact that even small teams have hundreds, if not thousands of folders and sub-folders. Unable to handle this abundance, most people save everything on their own folders, which leads to compartmentalization of information in the organization, and a disconnect between team members.
2. With folders, you have to choose just one location for your file. And what if your file needs to be seen in multiple contexts? You try to remember the original location, or you might duplicate it to another location.
With tags, you can:
- Easily content each piece of content to multiple tags.
- Use the same file in multiple contexts, preventing file duplication
- Connect related content that was in separate folders
Want to start tagging your content?